2.16.2012

Look Around the Corner

A few weeks ago some folks from Microsoft were kind enough to come in to school and give some portfolio reviews. One of the main things the gentleman I spoke to told me was to take time (For a few months after school), to do more work, and to polish the work I had, he said it was clear, but could be cleaned up. The intention was that these folks would come back 2 other times before we graduate and see how we took the critique they gave. After mulling over some of the stuff I was told I came to the conclusion that if I'm billing myself as a Cinematic Animator, I need more cinematic work in my reel. Hopefully if I do as much as I can (2D and 3D), combined with the animation from my senior project, I'll have a reel I think more suits the title of Cinematic Animator. Thus I present the first in this endeavour, Tiny lurking around the corner. I've always wanted to do something with Tiny, but the last project I tried with him pan out, so I'm glad I finally got to do something presentable with him.

And for good measure, I put together the "Stages" the animation went through, from blocking to rendering.
I'll keep posting stuff as I do it, look out for some stuff from my senior project, and some 2D animation soon!
-Campy

No comments: